CQA Spring Gala
CQA will hold its Spring Gala on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at the Eventi Hotel at 851 Avenue of the Americas, 2nd Floor from 6:30pm to 10:30pm. To attend or donate, please go to: http://501auctions.com/CQAspringgala.
Central Queens Academy Charter School (CQA) is a tuition-free public charter middle school that opened in fall 2012. CQA is the first charter school to serve the students and families of New York City’s “United Nations” district, Community School District 24, in Queens. Seeking to improve academic achievement for its diverse population, CQA is one of the first NYC charter schools to offer an enrollment priority (30%) for English Language Learners.
- Small, tuition-free public charter middle school
- Serving grades 5, 6, 7 and 8 in 2015-2016
- College preparatory and career readiness focus
- Priority for District 24 and English Language Learner students
- Longer school day (8am-5pm), extended school year and afterschool programs
This year, for the second consecutive year, CQA’s hardworking scholars exceeded their peers in all tested grades and subjects on the New York State Math and ELA Assessments. We’re proud of our scholars, teachers, Assistant Principals, counselors, and operations team for their efforts. Congratulations to our scholars and families!
|CQA||New York City||New York State||District 24|
|Grade 5 Math||62.5%||40.9%||42.7%||46.8%|
|Grade 6 Math||75.0%||35.5%||38.8%||38.6%|
|Grade 7 Math||51.6%||31.9%||34.8%||41.1%|
|Grade 5 ELA||37.5%||29.7%||29.7%||31.6%|
|Grade 6 ELA||55.0%||30.0%||30.6%||31.2%|
|Grade 7 ELA||43.2%||28.1%||29.2%||31.6%|
CQA fosters scholastic achievement in a small school setting. Our program centers on literacy as a lever for academic learning to instill our students with skills for success in school and in life.
- Small learning environment
- Focus on literacy as lever for school and life success
- High quality pedagogy and practice
- Learning supports
Academic literacy across all subjects to succeed in school
- Our curriculum introduces concrete examples / illustrations and real-life problem solving
- We use a workshop-based reading and writing program to encourage students to be avid readers, writers and analytical thinkers
- Our scholars have double periods (90 min) of English Language Arts (ELA) each day coordinate and integrate additional literacy assistance in other subject areas